COVID PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES FOR CLASSES
We understand your concerns around the COV-19 virus and your children. As you know the CDC has sent out guidelines. We are doing everything possible to make sure our mobile kitchen and kids cooking classes are safe for children.
Here are the practices we have set in place. Please be patient with us. We want kids to be safe and have a good time as they learn.
For Our Classes:
- Our staff is committed to making sure we follow CDC guidelines and state recommendations.
- Our food prep areas and teaching environment will be sanitized before and after each use and class. This includes all surfaces, kitchen equipment, bathrooms and door handles.
- All kids in our cooking classes will be working on their own recipe versus a team approach. So each child will handle their own food.
- We are offering smaller classes. Up to 16 kids. This helps us manage protocols with the children better to keep them safe.
- We encourage that kids bring their face masks with them. Recommended only.
Kids coming to class must all check in. Here is how.
- One parent or guardian may enter with child(ren) to sign them in.
- We will be taking temperature reading at the door. We will not be recording it. We are making sure no child comes in with fever.
- Once the student passes the temp reading, the child will be asked to wash his or her hands at the handwashing station and then seated where we have their name assigned.
- Siblings will be seated together. If you have a child wanting to be "close" to a friend- you must state this when you register/pay for the class at checkout. NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the child is seated we can not move them to another seat.
- Parents are not allowed in the classroom at anytime unless its a Mommy and Me class. Classes are all drop offs only.
- We will have hand sanitizers through out the classroom but we will be making sure kids wash their hands in-between each task.
- Parents/Guardians will wait outside of the building.
- Teacher will open door when students are ready.
- Teacher will call each one by name and parent/guardian may come to the door to pick up their child(ren)
We will have masks for sale for $1 at the door for parents who wish their kids to have one. Again, it is only recommended.
Please note: Classes are NOT refundable. If your child is sick we will be happy to give you credit towards another class. Please do not bring your kids to the school if they are sick.
If a child misses a class because of other circumstances, we will not be able to credit you an absence if its not due to a sickness.
We really appreciate your help and cooperation!
Sweet Missions holds the right to change policies at any given time.